On Goodwood …
- Birdwatching – Goodwood has a wonderful array of birdlife including birds of prey, pigeons, finches, parrots and of course the good old emu. Anytime of year is a great time for birdwatching, although springtime is wonderful with much of the vegetation in flower as well.
- Bushwalkng – Goodwood has two main graded tracks which are great for walkers. The northern track takes in rocky escarpments, creeks, waterholes and lots of good ‘goat’ country. The southern track runs through to the Paroo Darling National Park and is more undulating. Big Creeks and big outback views are a must to see.
- Star Gazing – The Australian night sky views are stunning. Explaining the beauty of the stars at night, literally twinkling like diamonds is sometimes so hard. There is no external light to contaminate the black velvet night and it’s tray of flashing scattered diamonds. The constellations are clearly visible and hours can drift by as you and your friends/children track your favourites. Just settle into your deck chairs or camp beds and lose yourself in this amazing picture show. This is not just a travel view but a travel experience.
- Relaxing – In and around the Shearers quarters out in the winter sun or under the enclosed BBQ area. Only a short walk to Woolshed Waterhole or Agnes Blanche’s Grave.
- Delicious home cooked dinners – Available to anyone visiting Goodwood Station … welcomed at the Homestead for an evening meal with our family. Bookings required.
On the Paroo-Darling NP …
- Peery Lake Tag-a-long Tour – Run by staff based at the White Cliffs NPWS Visitor Centre. Tours are generally run as part of the “Discovery” program through the School holidays. Contact NPWS 08 8083 7900.
In White Cliffs …
- White Cliffs Hotel/Motel – T: 08 8091 6606 / Eftpos available
- White Cliffs Underground Motel History & Cultural Centre –
T: 08 8091 6677 / Eftpos available
- Red Earth Opal Showroom – Cappuccino and cakes as well as Opal & Friendly Tourist Information. Opal Jewellery, souvenirs, Gifts & Rare Opal Pineapple display. Open most days 10am – 2pm. T: 08 8091 6900 / Eftpos available
- “The Opal Mine Tour” – Venture underground to view the ‘old timers diggings’ & witness a modern day working opal mine. Tag-a-long tours run daily from 3pm (Red Earth Opal Cafe) and run for approximately 1hr. Bookings essential at the Cafe. T: 08 8091 6900.
- Aussie Southern Cross Opals – White Cliffs Opal Jewellery. Polished & rough specimen stones. Pearl & shell jewellery, carvings, fossils & shells. Open 7 days. T: 08 8091 6707.
- White Cliffs Sporting Club – The best Sunday roast or casserole in town. Available most Sundays. Bar open for meals. Check town notice board for lunch or evening meals. Golf anytime or 8am Sunday.
- Paroo-Darling NP Visitor Centre – Discover the Artesion Mound Springs, tree-lined creeks, spectacular landscapes & ephemeral lakes. Ask about the School holiday “Discovery” tours. T: 08 8083 7900. www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au
- The Stubbie House – This amazing buidling is made out of 50 000 stubbies and houses an array of White Cliffs Opal in gold and silver rings, bracelets & pendants. Located in the cntre of town and open 7 days. T: 08 8091 6642.
- Fossikers Den – Souvenirs, onsite fossiking, opal sales, handmade craft & leather apparel. T: 08 8091 6635
- White Cliffs Outback Store & Tourist Information Centre – Gas bottle refills and fuel; Takeaway food, sit-down meals & groceries; Community Postal Agent. Open 7 days. T: 08 8091 6611 / Eftpos available
- Linda George’s Jewellery – Drop in to Linda George’s open studio between 10 and 11am daily or T: 0437063660 for an alternative time to visit.
For other information about Things to do in White Cliffs … www.whitecliffsnsw.com.au