On Goodwood Station
Goodwood Station has an abundance of space for bushwalking and birdwatching and miles of rugged landscapes just waiting to be photographed or painted. Star gazing in a clear unpolluted sky is a must.
We also have plenty of beautiful spots to do absolutely nothing…
- Birdwatching – Goodwood has a wonderful array of birdlife including birds of prey, pigeons, finches, parrots and of course the good old emu. Anytime of year is a great time for birdwatching, although springtime is wonderful with much of the vegetation in flower as well.
- Bushwalkng – Goodwood has two main graded tracks which are great for walkers. The northern track takes in rocky escarpments, creeks, waterholes and lots of good ‘goat’ country. The southern track runs through to the Paroo Darling National Park and is more undulating. Big Creeks and big outback views are a must to see.
- Star Gazing – The Australian night sky views are stunning. Explaining the beauty of the stars at night, literally twinkling like diamonds is sometimes so hard. There is no external light to contaminate the black velvet night and it’s tray of flashing scattered diamonds. The constellations are clearly visible and hours can drift by as you and your friends/children track your favourites. Just settle into your deck chairs or camp beds and lose yourself in this amazing picture show. This is not just a travel view but a travel experience.
- Relaxing – In and around the Shearers quarters out in the winter sun or under the enclosed BBQ area. Only a short walk to Woolshed Waterhole or Agnes Blanche’s Grave.
- Delicious home cooked dinners – Available again in 2021 …… watch this space for updates!
- Tagalong Tours – Will be up and running in 2021 ….. watch this space for updates!
On the Paroo-Darling National Park
Discover Paroo-Darling National Park’s rich history and explore the Murray-Darling Basin. Enjoy kayaking, canoeing, fishing and picnicking opportunities.
At Paroo-Darling National Park, you’ll find the Paroo Overflow, the only unregulated river in the Murray-Darling Basin and an area of outstanding conservation value and natural beauty.
Spend a couple of days exploring the park – paddle or walk around Peery Lake, you’ll be amazed by the birdlife – 60,000 birds were recorded in a recent survey. There are heaps of informal spots for a picnic – choose your own scenic place.
With its frequent floods, this area is also the traditional home to the Ngiyeempaa and Paakantyi people and since European settlement has been an important pastoral area. The area’s rich history is waiting for you to discover.
Visit www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au for further information
- Peery Lake – 1.5hrs from White Cliffs and 45 mins from Goodwood Stationstay. Day use area at the Lake plus a self-guided walk. Contact NPWS 08 8083 7900.
Polpah Station Rangeland Rehydration Tour
Contact us for further information
In White Cliffs
- White Cliffs Bus Tour – 10.30am most days. Discover White Cliffs whilst learning about the history. T: 0428 962 900.
- White Cliffs Hotel/Motel – (accomodation & meals) T: 08 8091 6606 / Eftpos available
- White Cliffs Underground Motel History & Cultural Centre – (accomodation & meals)
T: 08 8091 6677 / Eftpos available. www.undergroundmotel.com.au
- “The Opal Mine Tour” – Venture underground to view the ‘old timers diggings’ & witness a modern day working opal mine. Tag-a-long tours run daily from 3pm (Red Earth Opal Cafe) and run for approximately 1hr. Bookings essential at the Cafe. T: 08 8091 6900.
- White House Dugout Tour – Underground Dugout (Home) guided Tour @ 11am and 2pm daily. T: 0497 268 971.
- Aussie Southern Cross Opals – White Cliffs Opal Jewellery. Polished & rough specimen stones. Pearl & shell jewellery, carvings, fossils & shells. Open 7 days. T: 08 8091 6707.
- White Cliffs Sporting Club – The best Sunday roast or casserole in town. Available most Sundays. Bar open for meals. Check town notice board for lunch or evening meals.
- Paroo-Darling NP Visitor Centre – Discover the Artesion Mound Springs, tree-lined creeks, spectacular landscapes & ephemeral lakes. T: 08 8083 7900. www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au
- The Stubbie House – This amazing building is made out of 50 000 stubbies and houses an array of White Cliffs Opal in gold and silver rings, bracelets & pendants. Located in the centre of town and open 7 days. T: 08 8091 6642.
- Fossikers Den Dugout Accomodation – T: 0410 355 859. www.fossikersden.com.au
- White Cliffs Outback Store & Tourist Information Centre – Gas bottle refills and fuel; Takeaway food, sit-down meals & groceries; Community Postal Agent. Open 7 days. T: 08 8091 6611 / Eftpos available. www.whitecliffsnsw.com.au
- Glenhope Stationstay – T: 0414 935 803. www.youcamp.com/view/glen-hope-station
For other information about Things to do in White Cliffs … www.whitecliffsnsw.com.au